Account Manager (Luxury Carpet Sales)
STARK is seeking to hire a Carpet Sales Professionals with experience selling to the trades (Interior Designers, Architectural Firms) for our showroom in our New York City showroom.
- Advise clients on product attributes and qualities as related to their understanding of client needs.
- Through networking, observing and analyzing market trends and using personal judgment; identify potential clients and create strategic client –centric marking plans (including but not limited to such matters as who to visit, when and how many times to visit).
- Cold call potential client, using customized sales and marking scripts that you develop on a client by client basis. Create pre and post client visit reports, assess purchasing potential of client and deliver analysis to senior management.
- Collaborate on the creation and development of company’s “core message” to clients.
- Develop event strategy, lead and organize events for your specific clients with full discretion over budgets and invitees.
- Prepare sales documents in order to initiate and close sales. Collaborate on the creation of layouts for installation from the design perspective.
- Coach Junior Account Managers on sales, sales strategies and tactics.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must possess a strong interest in the interior design trade as well as interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of carpet qualities, attributes and manufacturing techniques.
- B.A. / B.S. Degree preferably in Interior Design or related field and a minimum 2 years carpet sales “to the trade” experience or a minimum of 5 years carpet sales “to the trade” experience in lieu of the aforementioned educational requirements.
As a family owned and operated business for over 75 years, STARK’s mission is to create and curate the most expansive selection of luxury residential and corporate carpets and rugs at a wide range of prices without compromising on quality, durability, or style. We strive to grow our business with a new standard of customer service through the use of innovative business practices, specialized trade services, groundbreaking technologies, and fair trade.