• Management and production of brochures and small catalogs for Stark, Prestige and Scalamandre, using the Ricoh Pro c5100s printer as well as proper packing and accurate shipping of these materials
• Assisting in and creating product images using Adobe software and professional photo equipment to provide high quality color-corrected images for our file servers and the web.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Use Photoshop to clean, color correct or touch up any new rug styles that are requested.
2. Use Photoshop to clean and color match the 5 standard pictures for New Styles/New Colors, daily.
3. Use Greenscreen & Navigator to find and requested carpet styles, including New Styles New Colors.
4. Work with the Sample department to get samples for color corrections in a timely manner.
5. Responsible for all print material including; brochures, labels, safety labels, signs, notebooks; reports, etc.
6. Responsible for packing printed materials including brochures and catalogues for shipment and correctly labeling/expediting same.
7. Maintains a daily record of jobs printed, and stores related materials on file
8. Use photo equipment to capture high quality images for our file servers and the web, for carpet, rug and fabric applications.
9. Assist Photographer, and Photography assistant with photography, including set-up and break down of room scenes.
10. Work with New York branch and their various requests for product photography, location and printing.
11. Assist in overflow work for New York graphic designers.
12. Other miscellaneous tasks that randomly appear, referencing product, printing and photography.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of high volume color laser printing. Experience in the printing industry preferred.
- Knowledge of how to clear copy jams
- Understanding of system Fiery
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC interfaces helpful.
- Comfortable with 35mm professional digital cameras, and familiarity with basic exposure and studio lighting.
Essential Program Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office, Specifically: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Adobe Acrobat programs, specifically: Photoshop. Illustrator, InDesign, and Lightroom helpful.
- Good color acuity, and the ability to do quick and accurate color matching of products to visual standards
Education and Experience
High school degree or equivalent required; some college or Art/Photography/Tech School training preferred.
Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs. of equipment and/or cartons of printed material
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Sample Department Manager duties and responsibilities are essential job functions. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are set at the minimum levels of education, experience, knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise
As a family owned and operated business for over 75 years, STARK’s mission is to create and curate the most expansive selection of luxury residential and corporate carpets and rugs at a wide range of prices without compromising on quality, durability, or style. We strive to grow our business with a new standard of customer service through the use of innovative business practices, specialized trade services, groundbreaking technologies, and fair trade. Styles range from traditional to contemporary, including a documented library of antique and oriental designs. Stark is a mecca of inspiration to designers demanding the highest quality, coloration, and authenticity. Stark Carpet offers an entirely new concept in home furnishings to the discriminating designer, and will continue to explore the world markets for new and innovative ideas, qualities, designs, and effects.
Stark Carpet Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.