We are currently seeking to hire an Import Specialist for our Long Island City location. $17-$20/hr.
1. Evaluate volume, capacity and shipping method for transport of orders from overseas.
2. Source freight forwarders, brokers and courier services to identify cost-effective methods of shipping.
3. Communicate with Custom brokers regarding sea freight.
4. Work with LIC receiving staff to expedite delivery of product.
5. Communicate with all mills regarding pricing, discounts and invoicing.
6. Post foreign and domestic shipments to inventory.
7. Process foreign and domestic invoices once receiving is verified for payment.
8. Follow up on emails and statements for chargebacks from mills.
9. Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
1) Familiar with dealing with brokers and freight forwarders
2) Knowledge of letters of credit
3) Basic knowledge of importing/exporting goods
4) Basic knowledge of bill of ladings
As a family owned and operated business for over 75 years, STARK’s mission is to create and curate the most expansive selection of luxury residential and corporate carpets and rugs at a wide range of prices without compromising on quality, durability, or style. We strive to grow our business with a new standard of customer service through the use of innovative business practices, specialized trade services, groundbreaking technologies, and fair trade. Styles range from traditional to contemporary, including a documented library of antique and oriental designs. Stark is a mecca of inspiration to designers demanding the highest quality, coloration, and authenticity. Stark Carpet offers an entirely new concept in home furnishings to the discriminating designer, and will continue to explore the world markets for new and innovative ideas, qualities, designs, and effects.
Stark Carpet Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.