Contract Hospitality Senior Designer
Experienced Contract / Hospitality / Residential Carpet Designer
STARK is among the world’s top destinations for carpets and handmade, rugs. Founded in 1938 by the late Arthur and Nadia Stark, their business has become one of America’s oldest and most-respected family-owned home furnishings companies. It is now led by their sons John and Steven Stark, who joined the firm more than four decades ago. Recently, the third generation of the Stark family, cousins Ashley and Chad Stark, have joined the company to carry on the tradition of delivering only the highest quality home furnishings to the interior design trade. STARK fabric has also “Tied the Knot” with industry leader Scalamandré to continue offering fabric, wallcovering, and furniture under the Scalamandré brand name. STARK products can be found on the walls, floors & stairs of the most beautiful spaces in the world – including The White House – and are offered through 17 showrooms across the United States, one in London, and dozens of representative locations
Stark is looking for a Senior level Carpet and Rug designer with at least 7 years experience in Contract / Hospitality / Residential Broadloom Carpet / Area Rugs.
The applicant must be able to cross over both Hospitality and Residential and be able to design in the following products :-
- Design and provide creative design solutions from project design briefs
- Understand and design to installation and production restrictions
- Design into plans
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Create custom design collections to meet emerging trend predictions
- Liaise with Product development and Creative Directors on new product and collections
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting customer relationships.
- Interact with interior design firms, hotel owner / developers and hospitality procurement companies .
- At least 7 years experience in the Hospitality market designing axminster
- Production Design
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in the Residential
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in NED Graphics or Apso
- Photoshop / Illustrator proficient
- Ability to design to correct specifications Axminster, Hand Tufted, Print, Wilton, Hand Knotted, CYP and MLCL